Have you lost that lovin’ feeling in your marriage? Are you just going through the motions in your marriage – as in your life? Stop! A vibrant marriage can be a reality - with just a little effort on your part. So, get started today.
Here are 5 ways to have a healthy marriage:
1. Make a Decision and Be Deliberate. Commit to making your marriage a top priority. You can even sign a contract with yourself or as a couple. Accountability is the key.
2. Understand That It Is Not All About You. Marriage is not just a 50/50 partnership. It is a 100%, give it all you’ve got, relationship – without expecting anything in return.
3. Take Steps Daily. Make a list and tape it to your bathroom mirror or add it to your “to do” list for the day.
4. Make Your Relationship with Your Wife a Priority. Your most important relationship, next to God, is your relationship with your spouse. Without a healthy marriage, you will not have a healthy family. Schedule one-on-one time with your spouse regularly to keep the lines of communication open on everything – kids, finances, future plans. However, don’t forget to schedule a date night once a week (or as often as possible) – to just have fun!
5. Do Preventative Maintenance. Don’t wait until your marriage is in disrepair to seek counsel. Attend a seminar, go on a couple’s retreat with your church, or schedule a “check-up” appointment with a marriage counselor.
© 2012 Family Minute. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.blog comments powered by Disqus