10 Ways to Love Your Child
Self-esteem. At the sound of that word, did you just experience a flood of memories? Good? Bad? Happy? Painful? All those life situations contributed to your self-esteem – for better or for worse.
As a parent, you have the privilege of creating positive, loving memories for your child. So, give the gift that will last a lifetime – high self-esteem.
Here are 10 ways you can love your child:
- Leave the dishes and tuck your child in bed.
- Turn your computer off and look your child in the eyes.
- Turn your phone off and really listen to your child.
- Stop whatever you are doing and go sit by your child.
- Walk across the room and hug your child.
- Kiss your child at the door when they get home.
- Never leave an argument with your child without saying “I love you”.
- When your child asks you to play with them, say “yes”, not “in a little while”.
- Try to understand your child; take the time to see the world through their eyes.
- Don’t let a day go by without saying a kind word to your child.
8 more ways to show love to your child:
- Family Minute Family Fun Time Cards
- Family Minute I Am So Proud of You
- Family Minute You Can Do It Certificate
- Family Minute Phrases for Praises
- Family Minute Mom Time Coupons
- Family Minute Dad Time Coupons
- Family Minute Elementary Lunchbox Notes
- Family Minute Middle & High School Lunchbox Notes
© 2012 Family Minute. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.